Teen Struck By Vehicle in Pleasant Valley
A 13-year-old is in critical but stable condition after being struck by a vehicle Wednesday evening.
On Wednesday at approximately 5:10 p.m. a serious car-pedestrian accident occurred on State Route 44 near Clark Heights in the Town of Pleasant Valley.
An investigation has revealed that a 2007 Chrysler Town & Country operated by William Plaza, 36, of Wappingers Falls and occupied by Kataura Ross 25, of Poughkeepsie was traveling westbound on Route 44 when it struck a 13-year-old pedestrian from Pleasant Valley.
The teen suffered serious head injuries and was originally transported to Mid-Hudson Regional Hospital but was later airlifted to Westchester Medical Center, and last classified as critical, but stable.
Preliminary findings reveal the actions of the pedestrian to be the primary factor in the crash, and no charges have been filed against the vehicle operator.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie