Teen Shot in City of Poughkeepsie, Police Say
A 16-year old suffered a gunshot wound on Thursday morning in the City of Poughkeepsie.
On Thursday, Feb. 13, at approximately 1:05 a.m, City of Poughkeepsie Public Safety Dispatchers received multiple calls reporting gunshots fired in the area of 71 Garden Street.
Responding officers found a 16-year-old male subject, not from Poughkeepsie, suffering from what appeared to be a gunshot wound to his upper arm. Officers immediately applied a department-issued tourniquet and assisted the victim until the City of Poughkeepsie firefighters and Mobil Life Ambulance Service arrived.
The victim was transported to a local hospital with what was stated as “serious, but not life-threatening injuries.”
The City of Poughkeepsie Detective Bureau is actively investigating the incident, however, the victim is less than cooperative with detectives.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is requested to call the City of Poughkeepsie confidential “TIPS” line at (845) 451-7577.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie