Teen Charged in “Shots Fired” Incident in Newburgh
A 17-year old is facing multiple felonies following a "shots fired" incident in the City of Newburgh.
On April, 12 at approximately 12:00 a.m. City of Newburgh officer responded to the area of North Miller and South Streets for a Shot Spotter Activation.
While officers were checking the neighborhood, they began to more gunfire in the area of Gidney Avenue and Chambers Street.
One officer observed a male in a black hooded sweatshirt holding a black handgun. As the officer approached the male, the male began to run. Officers gave chase and were able to catch the male and take him into custody without incident.
A Phoenix Arms .25 caliber semi-automatic handgun was recovered as it fell out of his pocket. He was also in possession a small amount of crack cocaine.
Quasim K. Blamoville,17 of Newburgh was charged with criminal possession of a weapon second-degree (felony), reckless endangerment (felony), criminal possession of a controlled substance, and resisting arrest.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie