Take Control of Those Nasty Stink Bugs
Have you just about had it with stink bugs? After thinking there are no stink bugs around anymore, I just saw one in my house the other day. Five or six years ago I had never even heard of a stink bug, and now that's all I hear about. But you can take control.
The Plattekill Historical Preservation Society welcomes speaker Amy Walker this Saturday, March 16, at 1 pm at the Preservation Society headquarters at 127 Church Street in Plattekill. Walker, a contributor to research at the Hudson Valley Research Laboratory, will speak on controlling the invasive brown marmorated stink bugs, who have damaged local crops and harassed residents in their homes. Giving a brief history of early farming in the Hudson Valley, Walker will direct her talk to both home owners and farmers about steps being taken to control this invasive species.
There will be free admission, plenty of free parking and light refreshments served. For more information about this Saturday's presentation, visit the facebook page.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie