Scam Advisory: Don’t Get Duped This Spring
With warmer weather finally here, it also brings the arrival of some returning scammers to the Hudson Valley.
The Ulster County District Attorney’s Division of Consumer Affairs is advising consumers to alert for driveway repair scammers.
The office cautions homeowners to be wary of businesses who solicit door-to-door; be wary of pressure to have the work done immediately.
Always get a written contract or estimate prior to work being done, and make sure the paperwork has the name, address and telephone number of the business; compare estimates; and always note license plate numbers and vehicle descriptions.
Consumer Affairs can be reached at (845) 340-3260
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie