Roads, Driveways Covered in Ice on Thursday; Schools Delayed
If you're just getting up this morning you should probably be prepared to chip away at your car this morning.
Early morning commuters should give themselves extra time to get to work. While driving will be slow on side roads due to ice and sleet, the real work will be just getting out of the driveway.
Yesterday's snow was followed by sleet and freezing rain, which has created a sheet of ice on most driveways, sidewalks and parking lots. If not properly treated before the storm, the ground coverings will have a thick coating of slippery ice on them.
At 6am traffic was slow on I-84 as crews tend to a slipped-over Tractor Trailer between exits 18 and 19. Many schools in our area are on a delay, so be sure to check our online database for the latest information.
Listen to the Boris & Robyn Show weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie