REPORT: What New York County Has the Most Breweries?
Craft beer is big business here in New York. In fact, we're one of the leading states in the nation for shear amount of beer breweries. So, with more and more microbreweries popping up every year, you may wonder where exactly all the beer is across the state?
We did a similar article on this in March 2017. Now, the New York State Brewers Association has released yet another report on where all the craft beer breweries are located in the state, county by county. Syracuse.com says that the numbers are actually put together from 2018, so there still may be even more since then.
According to the numbers, once again Suffolk County reigns supreme with a total of 36 breweries. This is five more since 2017. Monroe County is second, and Erie County third, with 26 and 24 respectively.
As far as the Hudson Valley, Ulster and Dutchess tie with 15 breweries apiece (Ulster has 12, and Dutchess 11 in the 2017 report).Orange County remains at 11 Westchester came in with 10, Rockland 8, Columbia 8, Greene 7, Sullivan 3. Then there's Delaware County which just has 1, which is an increase considering they had none just a few years back.
Manhattan had quite an increase, going from 3 to 11 between reports.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie