Poughkeepsie Rita’s Location Closed For Good?
A popular Hudson Valley Rita's Italian Ice location has closed its doors.
Admittedly I've been watching calories more lately and haven't been the loyal custard customer I had been in the past. So when a recent Saturday visit to the Poughkeepsie Rita's on Taft Avenue was met with locked doors, it became apparent something was up.
Attempts to contact the owners were met with disconnected phone lines. The business had been owned by the DeAngelis family who was unfortunately involved in a five million dollar lawsuit with their accounting firm last year.
If you're in the mood for Rita's there are still several Hudson Valley locations to choose from:
- Rita's of Monticello
- Rita's of Wappingers Falls
- Rita's of Yorktown
- Rita's of Dolson Ave in Middletown
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- A Day To Remember Set To Rock Poughkeepsie
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center