Police: Woman Sets Structure Ablaze, Fails to Set Vehicle on Fire
A Dutchess County woman is facing multiple counts of arson, following a lengthy investigation.
The Sheriff’s Office Detective Division in conjunction with the Sheriff’s Fire & Arson
Investigation Unit and the Dutchess County Fire Investigation Division investigated a series of incidents that occurred over the last several months in the Town of Wappingers.
The investigation resulted in the arrest of Dana Weitlich, 39, of Wappingers Falls. During the investigation evidence was developed that Weitlich set fire to a structure on a residential property, and attempted to set a vehicle on fire.
Weitlich was charged with the following:
- Attempted Arson third-degree - Felony
- Criminal Mischief second-degree - Felony
- Reckless endangerment first-degree - Felony
- Attempted Criminal Mischief second-degree - Felony
- Arson fifth-degree - Misdemeanor
- Criminal Mischief fourth-degree - Misdemeanor
She was arraigned in the Town of Pleasant Valley Justice Court and remanded to Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $50,000 cash bail, or $100,000 bond pending an appearance in the Town of Wappinger Justice Court.