Police: Man Threatened To Blow Up Bank in Dutchess County
According to the New York State Police, a man threatened to blow up the Trustco Bank in Wappinger late Tuesday morning.
Police say the man entered the bank off Route 9 and Myers Corner Road right before noon, carrying a black umbrella. NY State Police say the man threatened to blow up the bank with a device so he could gain access to the vault. He made off with an "undisclosed amount," of money, police allege.
The search continues for the suspect, a white male, last seen dressed all in black with a ski mask. Multiple agencies are involved in the search. if you have information, call the NY state police at 845-677-7300 and reference case No. 8994748.
More on this story as details develop.
Listen to Middays With Hopkins on weekdays from 10AM to 2PM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie