Pharmacy Manager Stole, Resold Diabetic Test Strips, Police Say
The Newburgh man allegedly stole and resold over $50,000 worth of diabetic test strips.
On February 28, the Putnam County Sheriff’s Department Bureau of Criminal Investigations, arrested 32-year old, Newburgh resident Aatif Ahmed Khan. Khan has been charged with grand larceny second-degree.
It is alleged that Khan, who since 2015 has been the manager of JNR Pharmacy in
Brewster, ordered diabetic test strips from Medical Supply Distributers on behalf of the Pharmacy and then resold them to various wholesalers and kept the money for himself.
The apparent theft came to light recently, after the owner and bookkeeper conducted an inventory of the store, however, it seems that it has been an ongoing occurance since 2017.
It is alleged that during that two year period, Khan stole and resold over $50,000 worth of diabetic test strips.
Khan was arraigned and remanded to Putnam County Correctional Facility in lieu of $1,500 csh bail or $3,000 bond.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie