Become Hudson Valley ‘Tiger King': Catskill Game Farm Up For Sale
The property that once housed the popular Catskill Game Farm and the recently remodeled Long Neck Inn is up for sale. The more than 200-acre property is on the market for just under $2 million and comes with the six-room inn which was remodeled in 2019, four glamping sites, 14 stable horse barn and all the other odds and ends you'd expect with an old zoo.
There are more than 100 buildings on the property, 3.5 miles of paved trails and over 250,000 square feet of parking space. The property is connected to more than 20 miles of mountain biking and hiking trails. Potential usage includes a campground, theme park, RV Park, family estate or mini-home development.
Catskill Game Farm started in 1933 as a hobby for a New York banker by the name of Roland Lindemann. As to what year they officially opened to the public, there is some question but there is no doubt it was a popular destination for animal lovers from the tri-state area and beyond.
Here's hoping someone has a vision for the property so it doesn't turn into more expensive apartments.
Joe Exotic is currently tied up for a few years but maybe he'd be interested when he gets out of prison, there is lots of room for tigers there.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Netflix Classic 'The Irishman' Filmed At Multiple Hudson Valley Locations
- 2019 WRRV Sessions Photo Rewind
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center
How long it takes to binge 'The Office,' 'Game of Thrones,' and 50 other famous TV shows