Officers Involved in Fatal Shooting in Orange County
A man wanted for questioning in a shooting incident was killed following a struggle with officers in the City of Newburgh
On March 27, at approximately 5:00 p.m. City of Newburgh police officers approached an individual in the area of 40 William Street who was wanted for questioning in a shooting incident that occurred on March 26, in the area of Benkard Avenue and William Street.
When officers approached the individual he displayed a silver handgun. A struggle ensued and the handgun discharged and multiple officers returned fire. The officers were taken to the hospital for treatment.
The suspect was brought to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The investigation is being conducted as a joint investigation with the New York State Police and the Orange County District Attorney's Office.
- Coronavirus in New York
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie