New York State Police Announce Impaired Driving Crackdown
Authorities throughout the Hudson Valley and across New York State will be on the lookout this weekend for people who make the terrible decision to drink and drive.
According to a press release from the Troop K barracks, there will be increased patrols from Friday, May 22 until Tuesday, May 26. Officers will be on the lookout for drunk, impaired, and reckless drivers. If you are out on the road this weekend be aware there will be increased sobriety checkpoints and increased patrols in both marked and unmarked cars.
According to data from the Institute for Traffic Safety Management and Research at the University of Albany, drunk driving killed 295 and injured more than 5,000 New Yorkers in 2018.
On Memorial Day weekend in 2019, State Troopers arrested 225 people for drinking and driving and issued more than 13,600 tickets. This will certainly be a holiday, unlike any others in recent memory. Do you have any plans or will you be spending time around the house?
New York State Thruway Approves $450 Million Rest Stop Upgrades
- Netflix Classic 'The Irishman' Filmed At Multiple Hudson Valley Locations
- 2019 WRRV Sessions Photo Rewind
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center