Movies On Bannerman Island To Present The Wizard Of Oz
Movies on Bannerman will continue in 2019 and details on the lineup have begun to roll out. On Friday, July 5th you'll be able to view the classic film The Wizard of Oz on an island in the middle of the Hudson River. The experience includes a tour of the island and the tour sets off and returns to Beacon.
Wizard of Oz was released in 1939 and is based on a book by author L. Frank Baum. Starring Judy Garland as Dorothy, it is widely considered to be one of the best movies of all time.
Remember when syncing Pink Floyd to Wizard of Oz was a thing?
What other movies would you like to see on Bannerman Island? And yes, an encore performance of Bill & Ted's Excellent adventure sounds like a terrific idea.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3PM to 7PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America