Man Killed By Train in Columbia County, Police Say
UPDATE: (5:19 p.m.) The deceased victim has been identified as David C. Soka, age 51, of Austerlitz, NY. Preliminary investigation finds the manner of his death consistent with suicide
A man was found dead Tuesday morning after being struck by a train in Columbia County.
Troopers were dispatched to Station Road in the Town of Stockport at approximately 10:38 a.m. by Columbia County 911. A deceased male was located near the Stockport trestle on the Amtrak Empire Service line, north of the city of Hudson.
The cause of death is still under investigation at this time. An update will be provided when available, and after familial notifications have been completed.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM on 101.5 WPDH. Stream us live through the website, Alexa-enabled device, Google Home or the WPDH mobile app.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie