Man Facing Attempted Murder Charges After Shootout With Police
The Wappingers man fired several shots at officers within close proximity of an elementary school.
On November 15, the New York State Police and the Red Hook Police Department arrested Keith M. Potik, 26, of Wappinger, NY, for two counts of Attempted Murder in the first-degree, class A-I felonies, and Criminal Possession of a Weapon in the second-degree, a class C felony.
Shortly after 1:00 p.m. on Friday, two Officers from the Red Hook Police Department responded to the area of Princeton Street and Columbia Avenue for a property dispute.
During the investigation, while the Red Hook Officers were speaking with Potik, he produced a handgun and fired multiple shots at the Officers.
Potik was apprehended by police while running through the yard of a home on Albie Road.
Potik was arraigned before the town of Rhinebeck Court, and remanded to the Dutchess County Jail without bail.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie