Man Allegedly Struck With Chain Over Facebook Posts, Police Say
A Rockland County man is facing felony charges following a dispute.
On Monday, April 29, at approximately 4:15 p.m. Michael Garabo, 33, of Stony Point, N.Y. turned himself into the Stony Point Police Department on charges of assault second-degree (felony), criminal possession of a weapon, and harassment.
The charges stem from a dispute that occurred on Beach Road in Stony Point between Garabo and another adult male over Facebook posts.
During the dispute, Garabo allegedly struck the other man with a chain.
Garabo was processed and released on his own recognizance pending a future court appearance.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie