Make Ben & Jerry’s Edible Cookie Dough at Home
Your favorite ice cream brand just released a secret recipe.
Whether you like it or not, quarantine is still a real thing in the Hudson Valley. People have picked up at home workouts, and probably the biggest of all, baking. I have made all kinds of things like homemade beer bread and eggs benedict. I've seen so many people make way cooler things than I did too.
If you're like me and have tried cooking and baking everything in sight, I have good news. Ben & Jerry's has released their edible cookie dough recipe. PEOPLE reports that the recipe is completely safe to eat raw when the recipe is followed exactly. Below is the recipe, according to PEOPLE:
1 cup flour
8 Tbsp. unsalted butter (1 stick), room temperature
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tbsp. heavy cream
½ tsp. kosher salt
½ cup chocolate chips
1. First, heat treat the flour to ensure it is safe to eat. Place the flour in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high in 30-second intervals, stirring in between. Use an instant-read thermometer to ensure that the flour reaches 165°F throughout. Make sure to not skip this step because untreated flour could be contaminated and therefore unsafe to eat.
2. Beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy using a mixer.
3. Add the vanilla, cream, and salt. Mix to combine. Then add the heat-treated flour and mix to incorporate.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Enjoy your edible cookie dough! To store, put it in an air-tight container in the fridge.
You'll have to tell me how this is when you make it. I'm pretty tempted to go make it myself right now. The only thing I'm missing in my kitchen is the brown sugar! Be sure to post your pic in the comments.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Hudson Valley Restaurant Listings