Israeli Vets Teach Gun Safety to Monsey Residents
Israeli veterans are teaching Jewish men and women in New York how to defend themselves after the recent hate crimes and targeted attacks against them.
According to the New York Post, a synagogue in Rockland County was packed this past week as former Israeli military personnel from Cherev Gidon taught members of the Jewish community tactical lessons as well as firearms training and safety.
Cherev Gidon is a training camp out of Honesdale, Pennsylvania which is about a two hour drive from New York City. They teach members how to handle rifle, shotguns, pistols and they even do security consulting.
The recent and horrific attacks on the Jewish community in New York has led to a sudden need for community members to protect themselves.
The Post also reported that a few people who attended applied for firearm permits afterwards.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America