Is The Hudson Valley Ready For White Castle Beer?
The Hudson Valley loves White Castle cheeseburgers but are we ready for White Castle beer?
A Pennsylvania brewing company's plan to help emerge from bankruptcy includes a collaboration with the popular fast-food chain. According to Brewbound, Weyerbacher Brewing Company will collaborate with White Castle on a beer that will be available in their nearly 400 locations across 13 states. The proposal is part of a reorganization plan with a confirmation hearing scheduled for November 4th.
Weyerbacher expects overall barrel output for 2020 to be 30,000 barrels with the White Castle collab accounting for 20% of that. In 2014, their previous peak year, they sold 19,543 barrels of beer. They have taprooms in Easton and New Hope, Pennsylvania and they plan to launch new lagers ever two months.
I've long campaigned for a Hudson Valley White Castle location to be constructed in Poughkeepsie, Newburgh or Middletown. For now, we'll have to settle with the locations in Nanuet and Yonkers. Or if you're ever on your way to or from Met Life Stadium, there's one there too. It's been nearly two years since my last visit, perhaps someday I shall return.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center