Is Kingston Hudson Valley or Capital Region?
We're always debating where "Upstate New York" officially begins. (Does the Hudson Valley count? Is Buffalo and the Southern Tier considered "Upstate New York" or should we start calling it East Pennsylhio?)
As someone who has lived in Albany, I can tell you that they believe that Kingston is theirs.
There's a more pressing regional New York debate, and you've got to move past the "where is the upstate line" argument for this one: Does Kingston call the Hudson Valley home or does it claim the Capital District?
As someone who has lived in Albany, I can tell you that they believe that Kingston is theirs. I always thought it to be true. Once I moved to the Hudson Valley I learned that we claim it too.
If you're going to argue time, you would determine that Hudson Valley is closer. It's about a half hour from Poughkeepsie. It's almost an hour from Albany.
Another argument you could make is that it belongs to the Capital Region since Kingston used to be the Capital of Albany.
Where do you think it lies?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America