I Love NY Signs Being Taken Down Across the State
A landmark sign is going to be leaving roadsides across the state over the course of the next month. The "I Love NY" signs that you see on the side of the road are going to be a thing of the past. Why?
The reason that they signs are coming down is because the Federal Highway Administration doesn't want them up. There logic is that the signs provide zero navigational information to motorists so they do not need to be a part of our roadways.
When Governor Cuomo had the signs erected in 2013, the Federal Highway Administration spoke up then about it, with the continued 'discussion' going on for a few years. Now, the signs are coming down, over 500 of them.
What do you think about the signs? Are they a distraction? Or they just a part of New York pride? Let us know.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America