House Explodes in Lower Hudson Valley
This is certainly not something you want to experience in your own neighborhood. ABC is reporting that a house in Millwood suddenly exploded Monday. Some neighbors said they thought it was an earthquake, or even from the nearby power plant, as the blast could be felt as far as half a mile away.
The explosion damaged nearby homes, and sent debris in every direction.
ABC says the owners of the house had been trying to sell it, and were not home at the time of the explosion. The last time they had been home was Monday morning, according to ABC.
Authorities shut off power and gas to the surrounding homes as a precaution. Officials are investigating the cause of the blast.
Thankfully, no injuries were reported.
Listen to Middays With Hopkins on weekdays from 10AM to 2PM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie