Historic Church At Prime Main Street Beacon Location Up For Sale
A depression-era church and former bank in a desirable section of Beacon is on the market for the first time in decades. The 6,000 square foot property at 139 Main Street has been a church since the 1950s and before that Mechanics Savings Bank.
The one of a kind vintage architecture stands out in a neighborhood that also includes neighbors Bank Square Coffee House, The Pandorica, Beacon Creamery, and other popular local staples. The asking price is currently $1.25 million if you've got it laying around.
The possibilities for use are endless but a restaurant could make sense as there is already a fully functioning kitchen. Much of the original character remains intact although some marble flooring is currently covered by carpet. Drop ceilings hide a domed marble ceiling with a large skylight.
Have a look at some of the photos and think about what you'd do with the property if given the chance.
FOR SALE: Historic Beacon Church/Former Bank
Step Foot On Bannerman Island
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- RUSH HOUR: The Hudson Valley's 10 Busiest Roads
- 13 Classic Hudson Valley Diners That Do It Right
- HISTORY: How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- FAMOUS: Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- 10 Orange County Locations On The National Register of Historic Places
- DEMO: Drone Footage Captures Historic Psyche Center Demolition