Giant Fishkill Cross Vandalism Investigated as Hate Crime
Acts of hate, destruction and prejudice continue in New York. This past weekend, it's hit home right here in the Hudson Valley. Currently, the New York State Police are investigating after a cross was vandalized in Fishkill.
According to police, the Wappingers Barracks have teamed up with the Bias Crime Unit to investigate graffiti and vandalism to the large illuminated cross on Brooks Road on Honness Mountain. The cross is visible to drivers traveling east on I-84 as they reach the Route 9 overpass.
The destruction of the Christian symbol and beloved Hudson Valley landmark is being handled as a biased crime. Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to please contact Investigator Dolcemascolo at (845) 677-7300. Please reference case #9357101.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America