New Yorkers are very serious about their bagels. It's not uncommon for people in the area to debate who's got the best bagels around.

Sometimes it can get a little heated. In this case, literally.

You may have missed what happened outside of Rochester last week, as the Democrat and Chronicle is reporting that a gas leak led to an explosion at a place called Bruegger's Bagels. The explosion happened early Thursday morning and ended up blowing out several windows and even the front door.

At least one employee told the fire department they smelled gas, but apparently wasn't uncommon at this particular business, according to the report.

The Democrat and Chronicle says the source of the gas leak may have been a faulty oven, that didn't turn on properly when it was set with an automatic timer.

The bagel shop, located in Penfield, NY, remains closed. No injuries were reported, according to the Democrat and Chronicle.

Bruegger's is a chain that was founded in Troy, NY in 1983, with approximately 300 restaurants in the U.S. and Canada.

More From Hudson Valley Post