Former Herman’s Nursery Property In Poughkeepsie Up For Sale
The property that once held a Hudson Valley icon in the form of Hermans Nursery in the Town of Poughkeepsie is up for sale.
According to Loopnet, the 9.9-acre property located right on Route 44 is on the market for $1,750,000. It offers flexible commercial zoning and the potential for subdivision. It would be ideal for retail, a bank, health club, convenience store or a variety of all of the above.
There are nearly 80,000 people living within a five-mile radius of the property with a median age of 37 and an average income of $81,000 so there is potential there. Those numbers are bound to increase when the new East Dale project is completed right down the road.
I once lived in an apartment on this property and have nothing but nice things to say about Mr. Herman. He was a great landlord and an even nicer man. William 'Bill' Herman passed away in the summer of 2017.
Listen to Afternoons With Simon weekdays from 3 PM to 7 PM through your WRRV mobile app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- How Did Poughkeepsie Get Its Name?
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center