Entire House Collapses in New York State After Being Struck by Truck
"A truck just ran into a house" is not a phrase you hear everyday. But that's exactly what happened in upstate New York Saturday evening and now authorities are investigating what went wrong.
The Warren County Sheriff’s Office says a tractor-trailer side-swept a storage house causing the structure to collapse. WETM reports the accident happened around 6 p.m. Saturday evening in Lake George. It appears that the tractor-trailer was trying to turn around, but instead the trailer went up a retaining wall and smashed the house.
The driver is from Slidell, Louisiana, and was ticketed for failure to keep right and for operating an over length vehicle, according to WETM. Authorities said the house was used for storage and that no one was home at the time of the collision. It wouldn't have been a fun night for anyone watching TV when a giant truck suddenly decides to park itself in your living room.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie