Cuomo Suggests Essential & Retail Workers Get Tested for COVID-19
Governor Cuomo discussed the new criteria regarding who should get tested for COVID-19 in his latest briefing to the state.
There seemed to be a reoccurring message throughout the latest press conference led by governor Cuomo and that message urged many of us to get tested for COVID-19 even if you're not showing symptoms.
Celebrity guests such as Chris Rock and Rosie Perez even joined the discussion to weigh in on the importance of New York residents getting tested while also urging your friends to get tested as well.
As many counties have entered phase 1 of New York's reopening plan we will start to see more and more people go back to work. When asked about the guidance for COVID testing, Cuomo responded by urging anyone with flu-like symptoms or who has been exposed to someone positive for COVID-19 to get tested. He added that the guidance on who should be tested has become extremely broad and that if you're an essential, front line, healthcare or retail worker you should be tested. Anyone who is open to the public could make a good candidate for testing.
According to NY.Gov, any workers returning to work in phase 1 meet the criteria for testing.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Hudson Valley Restaurant Listings