Could New York State Ban Ceremonial Balloon Launches?
New York could soon follow a growing list of states that would ban helium filled balloon launches traditionally seen at graduations, weddings, birthdays etc.
ABC is reporting that backers of the proposed law say the balloons can causes environmental damage and harm wildlife such as birds or fish. Some lawmakers in other states have commented on the number of old deflated balloons they've seen floating in water or scattered over the side of roads.
Connecticut already has a version of a law in place, and looks to enact an even stricter law, according to ABC. California, Florida, Tennessee and Virginia are other states that also have already banned or restricted balloon launches.
New York joins Arizona, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Maine, and Rhode Island as the states that could either restrict the launches or ban them all together.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie