City of Poughkeepsie to Open Cooling Centers
As temperatures are forecasted to be close to 100 degrees this weekend, the City of Poughkeepsie will have cooling centers available to the public.
The City of Poughkeepsie is opening a cooling center from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, July 19 and Saturday July 20 and from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday, July 21 at the Public Safety Building located at 505 Main Street.
The Adriance Memorial Library, 93 Market Street, Poughkeepsie, also will operate a cooling center from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, July 19 and Saturday, July 20 and from 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday, July 21.
The Salvation Army Poughkeepsie Corps Community Center, 19 Pershing Avenue, Poughkeepsie, will operate a cooling center from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday, July 19.
City officials announced that the municipal pools, Pulaski Park Pool at 162 Washington Street and Spratt Park Pool at 121 Wilbur Boulevard will also be open for free.
The hours of operation are from 1-7 p.m. All children must pass a swim test in order to swim in the deep end of the pool.
For more information about the city’s cooling center, please call (845) 451-4000.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie