Dutchess County Woman Accused of Grand Larceny, Identity Theft
A Dutchess County woman allegedly made purchases using a stolen credit card.
On Thursday, New York State Police from Wappinger arrested Grace I. Chefalo, 44, of Wappingers Falls for grand larceny and identity theft, both felonies.
An investigation revealed that Chefalo possessed a stolen a credit card and used it to make fraudulent purchases totaling over $500, police say.
Chefalo was arraigned at the Town of Wappinger Court and released on her own recognizance. She’s due back in court on July 21.
- Hudson Valley Sex Offender Moves Near Elementary School, Library
- Police: 4 Hit By Impaired Driver Crossing Street in Hudson Valley
- 5 Injured on Thruway After Fireworks Explode in Car
- 23 Accused of Stealing Over $220,000 in Welfare Fraud in Orange County
- 6 Arrested For Swimming At Ulster Beach
- Employees at Local Walmart, Kohl’s Accused of Stealing
Check out this week's top 5 stories, including a critical blood shortage in the state and a manhunt for 2 people wanted for attempted murder