Hudson Valley Sex Offender Moves Near Elementary School, Library
A Hudson Valley sex offender who was convicted of having sexual contact with children is now living within walking distance of a local elementary school.
Kingston police notified the public that 43-year-old Jesse A. Knapp, a Level-2 sex offender, is now living at an apartment on Clinton Avenue in Kingston.
According to Google Maps, his new home is three-tenths of a mile from George Washington Elementary school and less than 500 feet from the Kingston Library.
Knapp was arrested in 1995 in Texas for having sexual contact with a 10-year-old and 8-year-old boy. He was sentenced to five years’ probation after being convicted in 1996, according to the New York State Sex Offenders database.
No word on how Knapp ended up in the Hudson Valley.
- Police: 4 Hit By Impaired Driver Crossing Street in Hudson Valley
- 5 Injured on Thruway After Fireworks Explode in Car
- 23 Accused of Stealing Over $220,000 in Welfare Fraud in Orange County
- 6 Arrested For Swimming At Ulster Beach
- Employees at Local Walmart, Kohl’s Accused of Stealing
Check out this week's top 5 stories, including a critical blood shortage in the state and a manhunt for 2 people wanted for attempted murder