23 Accused of Stealing Over $220,000 in Welfare Fraud in Orange County
Twenty-three people have been charged with stealing over $220,000 in welfare, food stamps, heap, child care and other public assistance benefits in Orange County.
During the investigation, investigators reviewed files of public assistance benefit recipients suspected of fraud, interviewed those recipients and forwarded cases to the District Attorney’s Office for further investigation.
The 23 are accused of stealing a combined total of $220,572.47. They are facing felony charges for welfare and grand larceny.
Below is the list of the people charged and how much they allegedly illegally received in welfare fraud.
- Ana Flores, 26, Newburgh: $36,378.75
- Sandra Bailey, 50, of Newburgh: $34,848
- Tacondria Dodson, 30 Newburgh: $25,436.00
- Prisca LaPlante, 52, of Otisville: $19, 673
- Saint Martin Davilmer, 84, Hati: 19,673.00
- Nancy Weissman, 37, Newburgh: $18,531.65
- Princess Lamb, 27, Wappingers: $9,722.19
- Foulichard Boyer 38, Newburgh: $9,517
- Lilian Ortega, 33, Newburgh: $9,551.00
- Kristy Bongers, 35, Newburgh: $3,496.70
- Jesser Ruiz, 37, Newburgh: $3,496.70
- Orane Bremmer, 38, Newburgh: $7,298
- Jennifer Cinquemani, 26, Monroe: $5,245.53
- Andrea Davis, 38, Newburgh: $6,893.01
- Ergan Dzeloski, 26, Middletown: $1,923.65
- Milo Mackey, 33, Newburgh: $7,096
- Samantha Napoli, 28, Newburgh: $2,606
- Michael Napoli, 29, Newburgh: $2,606
- Sharrise Scarboro, 40, Middletown: $5,058
- Jialin Tian, 26, Otisville: $6,460.00
- Nicholas Tsatsaron, 31, Newburgh: $1,129.60
- Andrea Whiteny, 34, Middletown: $5,245.64
- Anna Sheehan, 49, Walden: $4,462
Davilmer and Sheehan are wanted on warrant arrests.
The enforcement action was the result of joint efforts of the Orange County Department of Social Services Special Investigations Unit, the Sheriff’s Office, and the District Attorney’s Office.
- Hudson Valley Sex Offender Moves Near Elementary School, Library
- Police: 4 Hit By Impaired Driver Crossing Street in Hudson Valley
- 5 Injured on Thruway After Fireworks Explode in Car
- 6 Arrested For Swimming At Ulster Beach
- Employees at Local Walmart, Kohl’s Accused of Stealing
Check out this week’s top 5 stories, including a critical blood shortage in the state and a manhunt for 2 people wanted for attempted murder