WV Couple Found in Orange County With Stolen U-Haul, Police Say
A West Virginia couple was found with a stolen U-Haul, drugs and an infant at an Orange County rest stop.
On January 14, 2020, State police Middletown responded to the Wallkill Rest Area on Interstate 84 in the town of Wallkill for a report of a stolen U-Haul.
Troopers located the vehicle in the parking lot and verified that it was reported stolen from Parkersburg, West Virginia. Troopers identified the operator of the vehicle, Toni Walker, age 29 and the passenger, Joseph Willis, age 35 both from Parkersburg, WV.
When the occupants exited the vehicle, troopers observed a child seat with an infant seated between the driver seat and passenger seat. A search of the vehicle yielded several hypodermic needles and used bags of heroin.
Walker and Willis were both charged with Criminal Possession of Stolen Property fourth-degree (felony), Endangering the Welfare of a Child, Possession of Hypodermic Needles and Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance seventh-degree (all misdemeanors).
Both were issued appearance tickets returnable to the Town of Wallkill Court at a later date.
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Snow Closings & Delays
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie