Will the Statue of Liberty Reopen Next Week?
Both the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island could reopen by this Monday ,according to a report. NBC reports that both landmarks could reopen if New York City moves to Phase IV of the reopening process. Both locations have been shut down since March since the Coronavirus outbreak.
We are closely watching to see that New York state’s Phase Four reopening remains on track and will make a determination based on that.
The NY Post reports that both Governor Andrew Cuomo and Mayor Bill de Blasio are expected to make the decision. A spokesperson for the park service told NBC, that masks must be worn on the ferries to both locations, but will be optional.
New York City is currently still in Phase III of reopening.
Listen to Hopkins in Middays on weekdays from 10AM to 2PM on 101.5 WPDH. Stream us live through the website, Alexa-enabled device, Google Home or the WPDH mobile app.
Listen to Hopkins in Middays on weekdays from 10AM to 2PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Hudson Valley Fireworks 2020
- 7 Secret Tips to Winning a Radio Call-In Contest
- The 11 Biggest Celebrities Born in the Hudson Valley
- This Restaurant's Tipping Policy Left Me Speechless
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie
- Hudson Valley Restaurants
KEEP LOOKING: See what 50 company logos looked like then and now
No hindsight music unit displayed.