West Point Cadet Allegedly Revealed Suicide Plot Via Snapchat
Did Cadet Kurita post a cry for help on social media?
After a search that lasted several days, late Tuesday night the body of the missing West Point Cadet, Kade Kurita was discovered on the campus just moments after releasing his information to the public. The cadet reported missing on Friday night after failing to appear for a test.
According to reports from Military.com, the young cadet's body was found in the basement of a building on campus with a wound that appeared to be from the missing M4 rifle he reportedly took with him. He was only in possession of one round.
Kurita was never believed to be a threat to others but he was considered a threat to himself.
Military.com also reports that Kurita's suicide was revealed to other students through his Snapchat account.
The 20 year old cadet's death is still under investigation.
A private memorial is being held in his honor.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America