Wappingers Man Attacks Driver With Wood, Police Say
A Wappingers Falls man is facing multiple felonies following a road rage incident.
On Thursday, troopers were dispatched to Beekman Road for a report of a road rage incident, at approximately 7:00 p.m.
Investigation found that James A. Murphy, 40, of Wappingers, began tailgating the victim, and making obscene gestures for unknown reasons. Murphy then passed the victim in a no passing zone, and stopped his vehicle blocking traffic. Murphy exited his vehicle, and then menaced the victim with a piece of wood.
The victim attempted to film the incident, at which time Murphy broke the victim's phone. A good Samaritan confronted Murphy, who then fled the scene.
Murphy was charged with criminal possession of a weapon third-degree (felony), menacing first-degree (felony), and criminal mischief. Murphy was arraigned in the the Town of Beekman Court and remanded to Dutchess County Jail in lieu of $2,000 cash bail or $4,000 bond.
This investigation remains on-going, if anyone witnessed this incident or believes they were a victim of a crime committed by James Murphy in the past they are asked to please contact Investigator DuBois at Troop K Headquarters (845) 677-7300.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie