Car Ends Up in Wallkill River
Talk about a snow day going from bad to worse.
According to the Montgomery Volunteer Fire Department's Facebook page, they were dispatched to a vehicle that had been driven into the Wallkill River on Wednesday afternoon just before 4 P.M.
The accident occurred just off of Canning Road and the Wallkill River. When the fire department, New York State Police and Town of Montgomery Police Department arrived on the scene, they came across a vehicle that was almost fully submerged in the river.
The fire department said that the vehicle was occupied by one person, who got themselves out of the vehicle and swam to shore. Once on shore, the unidentified person was transported by Town of Montgomery Volunteer Ambulance Corps to a nearby hospital for further evaluation.
The fire department told 94.3/97.3 The Wolf that the accident occurred after the driver lost control of the vehicle further up Canning Road due to icy conditions and wound up in the river.
The tow company that arrived on scene along with the State Police have said the vehicle will be removed from the river at some point today.
- Hudson Valley Diner Named on National Top 20 List
- Popular Hudson Valley Restaurant Closes Its Doors for Good
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- USA Network Show Takes Place in the Hudson Valley
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Amazing Hudson Valley Truck Crash