The Super Worm Moon Is Coming This Week. What The Hell is a Worm Moon?
it may seem like there's more and more elaborate names for these full moons. In January, we saw the Super Blood Wolf Moon. We've also had Pink Moons, Beaver Moons, and Harvest Moons. Now, we're going to be treated to the Super Worm Moon this Wednesday.
So, what is a "worm moon"? Rochester First says the worm moon is simply a folkloric name given to a full moon this time of year, when the ground begins to thaw, thus allowing earthworms to move back up to the surface.
It will also mark the arrival of another super moon; when a full or new moon passes closest to the Earth, giving it a slightly larger appearance. This is already the third super moon of 2019, however Wednesday's event will mark the last super moon of the year.
Spring officially arrives Wednesday evening at 5:58 p.m. Rochester First says the Super worm Moon will arrive by 9:42 p.m. Wednesday night. Now the one question will be whether or not the weather holds out. Hudson Valley Weather is calling for variable clouds Wednesday night, with lows in the 30s.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie