Report: Syracuse Coach Jim Boeheim Hits, Kills Man Walking on Upstate Interstate
In an unbelievable story developing out of Syracuse, The Post-Standard is reporting that men's basketball coach Jim Boeheim struck and killed a man walking on Interstate 690 around midnight Wednesday.
One source says the man killed had been in a crash in his own vehicle. Syracuse.com says there were four other passengers with him at the time of the accident. As of now, the reason is not known how the vehicle crashed, or if there were any other injuries involved.
At some point, the man, who investigators are saying is in his 30s, got out of the vehicle and began walking along the interstate. This is reportedly when Boeheim struck the pedestrian.Syracuse had just played a game Wednesday night at the Carrier Dome.
Boeheim has been at Syracuse for 43 seasons, and is one of the most recognized and winningest coaches in college basketball history.
Boeheim is cooperating with police. More details as they emerge.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie