Police Stop New York Man Riding Motorized Scooter He Allegedly Stole From Store
Some people haven't gotten the word that those motorized grocery carts are not for you to take. This was the case, according to the Democrat & Chronicle, when police stopped a 30 year-old man from Canandaigua, NY who was leisurely riding down the road in a motorized scooter he allegedly stole from a nearby Wegmans grocery store.
Police say the man also stole $1,000 dollars worth of groceries.
What's crazy is that wasn't the first incident in the area, as the Democrat & Chronicle reports that a Monroe County woman did the same thing just about a week before. Police say they found a Wegmans scooter parked in a handicapped spot at an apartment complex. This has been an ongoing issue, as the D&C says that a woman had repeatedly taken carts home with her from a Wegmans location from Penfield, NY.
Listen to Middays With Hopkins on weekdays from 10AM to 2PM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie