Police Say Dancing Man Helped Accomplice Steal From New York Walmart
Police say two crooks collaborated togather to steal $2,000 from a Rotterdam Walmart. What makes this story a bit different is that their daring plan involved...dancing.
The Albany Times Union says that the duo struck the store Saturday afternoon. The Times says that their heist began when they paid cash for three laptop computers. When the cashier counted up the cash, one of the men asked for money back claiming he had overpaid.
That's when the other man, in his pink polo shirt and tan baseball hat, began to bust a move. His poorly choreographed dance moves did serve a purpose however; it distracted the employee.
While the store employee probably wondered why this potbelly, bearded man in a pink shirt was dancing in front of him, the other man placed some of the money back in his pocket, before giving some back to the cashier.
The store later realized they had been had, when they saw that they were down $2,000. Police say they may not be local to the Capitol Region, which could mean they might bring their traveling dance show on the road somewhere else.
Listen to Middays With Hopkins on weekdays from 10AM to 2PM on 101.5 WPDH through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie