Police: Hudson Valley Man Slashed Sleeping Man
A Hudson Valley man is accused of entering a sleeping man’s home and assaulting the sleeping man.
On Monday, the Village of Liberty Police Department arrested 62-year-old Eric Solstein of Bethel after an investigation into a slashing that occurred on North Main Street in Liberty.
Around 5:30 a.m. Monday morning, a man walked into the Liberty Police Department lobby bleeding from an apparent wound to his hand.
An investigation revealed that the unnamed victim was cut on his hand as he slept by Solstein, police say. Solstein is accused fleeing the scene after the alleged assault.
Solstein turned himself in after an arrest warrant was issued. He was charged with assault, a felony, and criminal possession of a weapon, a misdemeanor.
Solstein was remanded to the Sullivan County Jail in lieu of $7,500 cash or secured bond.
- Hudson Valley Man Killed In Alleged Drunk Driving Accident
- Hudson Valley Man Jailed For Raping Teen
- Police: Hudson Valley Couple Owned Multiple Illegal Guns, Ammo
- 10 arrested in Orange County Drug Bust
- Hudson Valley Man Arrested For Stealing Dog
Here are this week's Top 5 news stories from the Hudson Valley