Parking Limited At Popular Hudson Valley Hiking Spot
If you're headed out to the popular Minnewaska State Park Preserve at any point this summer, officials are warning of a parking shortage. According to the New York Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation, a two-phase project is underway. Improvements include formalized parking, pedestrian access paths, improved ADA accessibility and construction of a sewer system to support the visitor center that will be built during phase two.
As a result, there will be reduced parking capacity through 2020. Additionally, bus and horse trailer parking is limited to non-holiday weekends until further notice. But the park will remain open during construction and is open for business daily at 9 AM. There is one park closure that will affect visitors for the duration of the project:
Active Carriage Road Restoration Projects: Restoration of the Smiley Carriage Road is underway from Lake Awosting to the High Point Carriage Road Intersection in the Napanoch Point Area. The Smiley Carriage Road is CLOSED TO ALL USERS for the duration of the project. Lower Awosting Carriage Road and a short section of Lake Awosting Carriage Road from Dam to Ranger Cabin are the access routes for this project. Please yield to construction equipment in these areas, thank you for your cooperation
As a reminder, barbequing/cooking is not allowed in the preserve and the use of drones and amplified music is prohibited.
- WRRV Presents Bush, Live & Our Lady Peace At Bethel Woods
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Celebrities Who Live In The Hudson Valley
- America's Oldest Intersection Is In The Hudson Valley
- The Jerky Boys Hudson Valley Connection
- A Day To Remember Set To Rock Poughkeepsie
- Hudson Valley Drone Pilot Captures Haunting Footage Of The Old Psyche Center