New York to Host World Pride Celebration
New York will be hosting one of the largest world wide pride celebrations this summer. The event is called "WorldPride" and it is also the first one to take place in the United States.
The WorldPride opening ceremony will take place on Wednesday, June 26, 2019 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. The opening ceremony is also a fundraiser for Ali Forney Center, Immigration Equality, and SAGE – three leading organizations in the LGBTQIA+ movement.
Tickets for this event will go on sale April 12, 2019. Scheduled to host the event is Whoopi Goldberg and scheduled to perform is Cyndi Lauper and Ciara. For this celebration, there will be over 50 events taking place in and around New York City. For the full list of events that will be taking place, click here.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind With Brandi and Nick weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America