NY Cop Arrested For Shoplifting, Police Say
Police officers often get a discount at local businesses as a sign of respect. A five finger discount is not customary.
I've seen officers get things like free coffee, free bagels and doughnuts and sometimes even entire entrees. Free tools is a new one.
No, police officers are not above the law and this story proves just that.
According to police and the New York Post, an off duty NYPD cop tried taking items from a Home Depot without paying. The police say he allegedly tried filling his pockets with small items from the store.
Police also report that he was caught by security, brought in on a larceny charge and was suspended without pay.
Listen to the WRRV Morning Grind weekday mornings from 6AM to 10AM through your WRRV app. Connect with WRRV on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Two Hollywood Actors Co-Own Hudson Valley Candy Shop
- Top 10 Hudson Valley Celebrities
- Study Claims New York Women Are the Meanest
- Hudson Valley Town Named One of America’s Coolest Small Towns
- Where Is Oniontown and Why Is It So Dangerous?
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America