NY Offering Tax Breaks to Companies That Hire Recovering Addicts
Recovering addicts looking for a second chance might have received a huge break from New York state.
Governor Andrew Cuomo announced that tax breaks will be offered to certified employers who hire recovered substance abuse addicts. The new hires can either full or part time. Rochester First says New York is the first state to offer such a program in the nation.
This tax incentive will help remove the stigma surrounding addiction and ensure those battling this disease can create a stable and sustainable path to recovery.
The new employees will have to work at least 500 hours before the tax credit kicks in. The program goes into effect in 2020.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie