New York Ranked Worst State For Nurses
Aside from the District of Columbia, New York has been ranked as the worst state for nurses according to a recent study.
National Nurses Week officially kicks off on May 6, and Wallethub is helping new nursing graduates find the best markets for their profession.
The 50 states and the District of Columbia were compared across 21 key metrics. The data set ranges from monthly average starting salary for nurses to health-care facilities per capita to nursing-job openings per capita.
The Nursing Market in New York:
- 51st - Monthly Avg. Starting Salary for Nurses (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 36th - Health-Care Facilities per Capita
- 25th - Nurses per Capita
- 28th - Projected Share of Elderly Population by 2030
- 43rd - Nursing-Job Openings per Capita
- 50th - Average Annual Salary for Nurses (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 46th - Share of Best Nursing Homes
- 41st - Projected Competition by 2026
You can view the full report on Wallethub's website
Listen to Smitty in the Afternoon weekdays from 2PM to 7PM through your WPDH mobile app. Connect with WPDH on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Idiot Crashes Car Attempting to 'Drift' on Route 44 in New Paltz
- We Tour 21 Abandoned Businesses on Route 9
- Hudson Valley Waitress Brought to Tears Over Surprise Tip
- New York Lake Named Most Beautiful in America
- Top 6 Hudson Valley Restaurants Featured on Food Network
- Enormous Fish Live in Hidden Cave Under City of Poughkeepsie